Can I bypass the Portal login page to retrieve windows credentials? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can I bypass the Portal login page to retrieve windows credentials? - Websphere ; Hello, Upon recently launching our intranet site one of the wish list items has been to bypass the login page and find an alternative way to read the windows login credentials. We are using PUMA and LDAP to detect users ...

  1. Can I bypass the Portal login page to retrieve windows credentials?

    Hello,

    Upon recently launching our intranet site one of the wish list items has been to bypass the login page and find an alternative way to read the windows login credentials. We are using PUMA and LDAP to detect users within portlets, however, is there a way to provide this information in an alternative way (ActiveX control & Javascript perhaps?), as opposed to forcing people to log in twice? (Windows log in and Portal log in).

    Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Can I bypass the Portal login page to retrieve windowscredentials?

    Read about WebSphere Portal integration with the SPNEGO TAI here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...fg_spnego.html

    and here:

    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwi...est-6.1-spnego

+ Reply to Thread