Problem using PumaController when updating user attribute - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem using PumaController when updating user attribute - Websphere ; Hi. I defined and added a custom attribute into the LDAP and i mapped it to the Portal using the commands mentioned in [ http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...atts_win.html] I can create a new user using PumaController's createUser specifying a value for the custom ...

  1. Problem using PumaController when updating user attribute

    Hi.

    I defined and added a custom attribute into the LDAP and i mapped it to the Portal using the commands mentioned in [http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...atts_win.html]

    I can create a new user using PumaController's createUser specifying a value for the custom attribute. Querying the value using PUMA works fine as well. But when I try to update that value using PumaController's setAttributes or addAttributes method i get the following exception:

    {code}
    com.ibm.wps.util.DataBackendException: EJPSG0015E: Problema de programa de fondo de datos com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.WIMException
    at com.ibm.wps.um.VMMExceptionHelper.rethrowSystemAtt MNF(VMMExceptionHelper.java:413)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaControllerImpl.modifyAttributes (PumaControllerImpl.java:298)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaControllerImpl.addAttributes(Pu maControllerImpl.java:135)
    at mx.com.zurich.portal.um.PUMABasedUMPortalService.a ctivateUser(PUMABasedUMPortalService.java:159)
    ... 27 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.util.DataBackendException: EJPSG0015E: Problema de programa de fondo de datos com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.WIMException
    ... 31 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.WIMException
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.tx.JTAHelper.handleException(JTAHel per.java:235)
    at com.ibm.websphere.wim.ServiceProvider.update(Servi ceProvider.java:417)
    at com.ibm.websphere.wim.client.LocalServiceProvider. update(LocalServiceProvider.java:385)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.VMMFilter$6.run(VMMFilter.java:318)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs( ContextManagerImpl.java:4076)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsS ystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:4173)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.VMMFilter.update(VMMFilter.java:324 )
    at com.ibm.wps.um.VMMFilter.filter(VMMFilter.java:402 )
    at com.ibm.wps.um.PrincipalFilter.filter(PrincipalFil ter.java:132)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.RealmFilter.filter(RealmFilter.java :152)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.PrincipalFilterChain.invokeFilterin g(PrincipalFilterChain.java:109)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.FilterAdapter.update(FilterAdapter. java:285)
    at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaControllerImpl.modifyAttributes (PumaControllerImpl.java:281)
    ... 29 more
    at com.ibm.websphere.wim.util.SDOHelper.deepCloneRoot DataObject(SDOHelper.java:400)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.util.DataGraphHelper.deepCloneRootD ataObject(DataGraphHelper.java:129)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.getDeepDataGraphClon e(ProfileManager.java:228)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.genericProfileManage rMethod(ProfileManager.java:257)
    at com.ibm.ws.wim.ProfileManager.update(ProfileManage r.java:354)
    at com.ibm.websphere.wim.ServiceProvider.update(Servi ceProvider.java:413)
    ... 40 more
    {code}

    In fact, I get this exception trying to update any user attribute.

    The exception message isn't very helpful for me, have you ever dealt with this problem before?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Problem using PumaController when updating user attribute

    The problem was that I was using an incorrect dataType for a custom property

    From my wimxmlextension.xml:
    {code}

    PersonAccount

    {code}

    I changed it from Date to String and now it works.

+ Reply to Thread