Searching a Web Site - Websphere

This is a discussion on Searching a Web Site - Websphere ; Hi When I run the crawler on a website to search it, the crawler starts, gets the documents then stays is the running status until the time out is reached. It spends about 35 mins getting the documents, then sits ...

  1. Searching a Web Site

    Hi

    When I run the crawler on a website to search it, the crawler starts, gets the documents then stays is the running status until the time out is reached.

    It spends about 35 mins getting the documents, then sits running for the next 1 hour 25 mins until the "Stop Collecting after (min)" limit is reached.

    Is this normal behaviour? I am expecting the crawler to return to idle when it has collected all of the documents. If it is normal does anyone know what it is doing?

    Hope someone can help.

    Andy

  2. Re: Searching a Web Site

    Hello,
    If the search crawler status is running, then it is still trying to crawl documents. The crawler should stop when there are no more documents to crawl.

    In the content source parameters, you try to changing the options below:

    * Stop collecting after (min)
    * Stop fetching a document after (sec)

    Otherwise, you probably need a PMR to investigate the problem.

    Thanks,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread