WPS 6.1 LoginService - Websphere

This is a discussion on WPS 6.1 LoginService - Websphere ; Hello, We are switching from CMR to VMM. Trying to figure find out if there is a way to pass additional parameters (other than userId & password) to VMM during login call. Here is the sample code: {code} LoginService loginService ...

  1. WPS 6.1 LoginService

    Hello,

    We are switching from CMR to VMM. Trying to figure find out if there is a way to pass additional parameters (other than userId & password) to VMM during login call.

    Here is the sample code:

    {code}
    LoginService loginService = (LoginService) loginHome.getLoginService(request, response);
    String userId = request.getParameter(FORM_ID);
    String password = request.getParameter(FORM_PASSWORD);
    Map contextMap = new HashMap();
    contextMap.put(LoginService.DO_RESUME_SESSION_KEY, new Boolean(false));
    try {
    loginService.login(userId, password.toCharArray(), contextMap, null); // --------- How do I pass additional parameters to VMM ???
    } catch (Exception ex) {
    System.out.println("this login failed with = " + ex.getMessage());
    ex.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
    setCredential(request,userId,password);
    }

    {/code}

    Any help will be appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. Re: WPS 6.1 LoginService

    the null is just for security subjects, I think you would need to use something like dynacache or some other service to hold this information for you

    Jim