URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder - Websphere

This is a discussion on URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder - Websphere ; Hi, I'm trying to use the Portal 6.0 Advanced URL Generation Helper classes ( from http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21265900 ) in the Portal Theme and it's not going to well. I put the jar file into my PortalServer/shared/app folder In the theme, if ...

  1. URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use the Portal 6.0 Advanced URL Generation Helper classes ( from http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21265900 ) in the Portal Theme and it's not going to well.

    I put the jar file into my PortalServer/shared/app folder

    In the theme, if I try to run just about anything I get the following error,

    .. 00000054 DispatcherSer E com.ibm.wps.services.dispatcher.DispatcherServiceI mpl handleRequest EJPFD0004E: The dispatcher call resulted in an error.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/portal/state/StateHolder

    One of the lines I tried is:
    String navUrl = ThemeURLHelper.generateUrl("wps.content.root", null, null, request, response);

    I am running Portal 6.0.1.6

    Has anyone run into this and know how to solve it?

    thanks

  2. Re: URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder

    That is very odd. as I do not think the class was removed in 6.0.1.6

    Can you send me your theme file?

  3. Re: URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder

    Thank you for the reply.

    Kind of strange, I went back to the code and tried it out again, and for some reason it works now.

    I tried using the helper classes in the IBM theme and it worked there, so I tried using them in my custom theme, and now all of a sudden they work there also!

    On another note, I noticed that the ServletURLHelper class does not preserve the locale in links, so I added a method that does that, including it here if anyone is interested.

  4. Re: URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder

    Just an FYI there is an easier way to do the preservation

    Instead of this call
    final EngineURL url = urlFactory.newURL(request, response, mgr.newState(), Constants.EMPTY_COPY);

    You make it like this
    final EngineURL url = urlFactory.newURL(request, response, mgr.newState(), Constants.SMART_COPY);

    No need to add the other code in there

  5. Re: URL Generation Helper classes error - Stateholder

    Thanks for the info

    I'm guessing though that if I do a smart_copy, then I will retain the navigational state.

    The navigation that I am working with is a bit strange in that I need to retain any locale changes, but I must omit any changes in the navigational state.

+ Reply to Thread