difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install Web Module - Websphere

This is a discussion on difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install Web Module - Websphere ; Hello, I need whats the difference between these two type of deployment. What I think is, when you remove and install web module, all the preferences stored will be lost, where in while updating preferences are not lost. Is there ...

  1. difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install Web Module

    Hello,

    I need whats the difference between these two type of deployment.
    What I think is, when you remove and install web module, all the preferences stored will be lost, where in while updating preferences are not lost. Is there any other difference between these two action?

    -Thanks

  2. Re: difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install WebModule

    also, if you have any resource permissions set for portlets or pages, that would remain on update web module but will be lost on uninstall.

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  3. Re: difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install WebModule

    Thanks for the response..
    addition to this, it is removed from any page it is on

  4. Re: difference between Update Webmodule and Remove/Install WebModule

    Hi,

    I think uninstall/install webmodule regenerate database ObjectID, update webmodule do not.
    You can check it with compare xmlaccess export before and after uninstall/install your webmodule.

+ Reply to Thread