Domino Groups in Portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on Domino Groups in Portal - Websphere ; I have an existing Portal 6.1 setup and now i m settup the same portal setup on another machine. When I browser the existing LDAP server (LDAP that is used by existing Portal Server) i found that the Groups are ...

  1. Domino Groups in Portal

    I have an existing Portal 6.1 setup and now i m settup the same portal setup on another machine.
    When I browser the existing LDAP server (LDAP that is used by existing Portal Server) i found that the Groups are showing under the OU. I mean groups are like this (CN=Staff,OU=IT,OU=ABC,O=myCom). Existing LDAP is domino ldap.

    What does this means as we know that in domino LDAP, groups dont have suffix and also, during configuring LDAP repository with portal _we DO NOT specify_ the groups like CN=wpsadmins,O=myCom but _We just specify_ CN=wpsadmins.

    Regards,

    Arif

  2. Re: Domino Groups in Portal

    This likely depends on your VMM configuration. Portal will display the node names in VMM, not those of the LDAP. Check the node and group configuration in wimconfig.xml. Check to see if:

    User searches would probably still work, but could be much slower than needed.

  3. Re: Domino Groups in Portal

    In Domino, you can manually add ou and o to your groups my modifying the group documents. However, some Domino functions may not work as expected.

    To find out whether your Domino admin had done such editing, open a group doc in Domino and see if the name is like "group1/myorgunit/myorg".

    -FF