Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title??? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title??? - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to modify the page title of my Portal instance. I did the following: i) Extracted contents from PortalServer\ui\wp.ui\shared\app\wp.ui.jar ii) Modified nls\engine_en.properties iii) Changed title=WebSphere Portal to title="Employee Intranet" iv) Compressed as JAR: jar cmf wp.ui.jar wp.ui ...

  1. Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title???

    Hi,

    I am trying to modify the page title of my Portal instance. I did the following:

    i) Extracted contents from PortalServer\ui\wp.ui\shared\app\wp.ui.jar
    ii) Modified nls\engine_en.properties
    iii) Changed title=WebSphere Portal to title="Employee Intranet"
    iv) Compressed as JAR: jar cmf wp.ui.jar wp.ui (wp.ui is the folder with all of the files)
    v) End up with new wp.ui.jar file with internal folder structure of: META-INF and nls.
    vi) Replace existing JAR file in PortalServer\ui\wp.ui\shared\app\wp.ui.jar with new JAR file.

    When I stop and restart the server a couple of things break. The page title becomes '???title???' and the log in panel completely disappears on the log in page.

    I am really stuck at the moment as I thought this was a straightforward thing to do! Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title???

    If you are on Portal 6.0.x version, you can change the portal page title by modifying head.jspf under \profiles\profilename\installedApps\nodename\wps.e ar\wps.war\t
    hemes\html\yourtheme\ folder

    edit the head.jspf under section

    Restart of portal is required after the change

  3. Re: Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title???

    Madhavi,

    how should we handle this in 6.1
    1) regular theme, is done as you said
    2) how to do this in CSA?

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Changing the page title (in wp.ui.jar) - Why am I getting???title???

    Well, I managed to get it working my modifying the head_title.jspf file. Not the ideal way to do it though as the is now hard coded.

    I'm on Portal 6.1. Is there a way to handle this via the "engine_en.properties" property file? I did it step by step as per the information center, but it doesn't work.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread