PUMA or Attribute Maping - Websphere

This is a discussion on PUMA or Attribute Maping - Websphere ; I have an existing environment of Portal Server 6.1 with LDAP and DB2. Scenario is : Application is deployed. Portlets of that application extract data from db2 according to user's hirarchy of LDAP. I mean a user 'A' login and ...

  1. PUMA or Attribute Maping

    I have an existing environment of Portal Server 6.1 with LDAP and DB2.

    Scenario is :
    Application is deployed. Portlets of that application extract data from db2 according to user's hirarchy of LDAP. I mean a user 'A' login and his LDAP string is (CN=A,OU=ABC,OU=XYZ,O=myCom) he sees different data than a user 'B' whose LDAP string is (CN=B,OU=MNO,OU=XYZ,O=myCom). And hense if wpsadmin user login he CAN NOT see that specific data he do all other portlal administration.

    Now i m setting up same environment on another machine. First i install portal 6.1 and then configure ldap and db2 and deployed the same application archive. Then I created that two users A and B with same hierarchy. But when I login with user A or B no data is being displayed. There is no issue with DB2 connectivity.

    Should I see PUMA configuration (if yes then how ) ??
    Or
    Should I see some thing about Attribure Mapping ??
    Or
    Anyhing other

    regards,

    Arif

  2. Re: PUMA or Attribute Maping

    It depends on how the portlet is designed. Check with the portlet developer to debug the problem. The portlet might be using more than just the DN to display data. Assuming the users can log in and access the page, PUMA is not likely the problem. If the portlet relies on certain LDAP attributes to display data, then you could compare attribute mapping between the two systems with the wp-query-attribute-config, like is described here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...butes_aix.html

    The bottom line is that you will need to check with the portlet developer/support to debug the portlet though.

+ Reply to Thread