Theme Extensions - Websphere

This is a discussion on Theme Extensions - Websphere ; Hi, 1. Can anybody tell me, where exactly we use theme extensions and what for? 2. I went through banner_topLevelLinks.jspf, they are generating class and id attributes for html elements dynamically and the styles for the corresponding elements also changing ...

  1. Theme Extensions

    Hi,

    1. Can anybody tell me, where exactly we use theme extensions and what for?

    2. I went through banner_topLevelLinks.jspf, they are generating class and id attributes for html elements dynamically and the styles for the corresponding elements also changing dynamically based on that.

    I do have set of links that are displaying in the banner_toolbar. I want to implement same functionality. Can anybody tell me how to approach?

    3. what is wpsNavNode?, I came across with this term in banner_topLevelLinks.jspf.

    I really appreciate the help.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Theme Extensions

    1) theme extensions were a way to customize the theme without having to make direct changes to the files
    More on them in this whitepaper
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...AGX10&S_CMP=LP

    2)Can you give more information on this? so the banner is for the links to things like administration, search center, the other top level pages that will not show in the normal navigation, Do you want to add pages here or what is the final goal?

    3)it is a NavigationalNode(java class) it is an object that represents a node that can be navigated to in portal, this can be a page, a label or a link

  3. Re: Theme Extensions

    Thank you for the reply.

    I am using portlet express 6.1.

    2)Basically I am trying to display my own tabs instead of the out of the box portal links on the banner. when I click this top level tabs, they will display a second level navigation tabs below the top level navigation tabs and when we click on one of these second level navigation tabs , they invoke portal pages and display the portlets on page content area.

    3) Can I use NavigationalNode (java class) for the above created tabs to see which tab is selected and not selected.

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread