Single session in portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on Single session in portal - Websphere ; Hi, As per my requirement 2 users can login into the application with same credentials (userid & password). But once the 2nd user will login, 1st user should logout. Ex user1 is accessing the application and if user2 try to ...

  1. Single session in portal

    Hi,

    As per my requirement 2 users can login into the application with same credentials (userid & password). But once the 2nd user will login, 1st user should logout. Ex user1 is accessing the application and if user2 try to login into the application then user1 should logged-out. I am using WPS6.0.x and having a siteminder for authentication while login.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks
    A:-

  2. Re: Single session in portal

    Actually this can happen. Under the covers, an LTPA token is generated on first login, and then stored in the browser cookie on the client-side ... server-side maintains track of sessions. If session timeout does not expire for 30 minutes, that session when browser closes is not necessarily invalidated while you log back in.

    It is important to note that timeout.resume.session does NOT persist a session. It simply creates a new session without bothering the user to re-login.
    it also depends on what end result the customer desires ... if they simply want users to return to a Portal after a period of inactivity, session resuming will do the trick ... i.e. portal itself is left open for 30 minutes, user clicks on a link in Portal, they can continue working as if they never left ... OpenSource is configured that if 30 minutes pass, you MUST log back in, no session resuming.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21253578

    Hope that helps.
    Tim

  3. Re: Single session in portal

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. The solution provided by you and in URL seems to be related to session timeout. But As per my requirement i have to force fully logout the 1st user. 1st user could be accessing the application from different desktop.

    Please let me know if i didnot get your answer correctly.

    Thanks
    A:-

  4. Re: Single session in portal

    There is no built-in way for the Portal to prevent multiple logins using the same user id and password. There is also no way to configure the Portal to ensure that a user is logged in only once (or to force a "logoff" if a user does login more than once). You will need to code a custom solution or determine if there is a way to configure Siteminder to enforce the rule.

+ Reply to Thread