migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1 - Websphere ; Hi all, In my custom theme in v5.1 i included a file for navigation menu. In the page hierarchy,i use labels and under labels i created some pages. The theme works fine in websphere portal v5.1 the thing is: i ...

  1. migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    Hi all,

    In my custom theme in v5.1 i included a file for navigation menu.
    In the page hierarchy,i use labels and under labels i created some pages.
    The theme works fine in websphere portal v5.1

    the thing is:
    i am trying to use my custom theme in v6.1
    In the navigation menu i see labels.it's ok.but when i want to navigate from a label to the pages under the labels, page list doesn't appear by clicking the label.

    is it related with javascripts or tags? or sth. completely different?

    Thanks is advance.

  2. Re: migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    Hi.

    This probably doesn't answer your question but have you enabled the full menu from within WAS?
    In previous versions the menu was expanded by default. Now it needs to be enabled in WAS to be expanded.

    See the following:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...me_topnav.html

    In particular this (from my doco so please forgive me):

    1. Start the WebSphere Portal 6.1.0.X server.
    2. Log in to the administration console:

    http://:10027/admin

    3. Click on “Resources”, then “Resource environment providers”, then “WP ConfigService”.
    4. On the right hand side click on “Custom Properties”.
    5. Click on the “New” button and add the following:

    Key: navigation.expansion.defaultstate
    Value: true
    Type: String

    Don’t set it to required.

    6. Save the settings to the master configuration and restart WebSphere Portal 6.1.0.X.

    The menu should now show the drop down items.

    I hope this helps. Sorry if it doesn't.

    All the best,
    Tony

  3. Re: migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    @Fayk : Hi did you resolve the issue? I am also facing the similar problem. In my case navigation menu doesn't come at all.

    When I debug the issue I found out that "ContentNode.getTitle(locale)" is returning null even I have created the page heirarchy with all the required pages.

    Here is my code:
    ContentNode contentNode = wpsNavNode.getContentNode();

    ContentNodeType nodeType = contentNode.getContentNodeType();

    String pageTitle = contentNode.getTitle(locale); // This is returning null hence navigation is not coming.

    Anybody has any idea why is it returning null?

    Thanks,
    Raj.

  4. Re: migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    On Sep 21, 3:23*pm, totarajen...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi to all

    Im also migrating some themes to 6.1 from 5.1.

    My main issue is the menus because i need that are the same like 5.1
    until we redesign the portal layout

    My email is cjaramilloab@argos.com.co

    Send me a email so i can send you the themes or the screenshots.

    Thanks for all your help.

    Best Regards

    Carlos Andres Jaramillo Abad

    > @Fayk : Hi did you resolve the issue? I am also facing the similar problem. In my case navigation menu doesn't come at all.

    > * * When I debug the issue I found out that "ContentNode.getTitle(locale)" is returning null even I have created the page heirarchy with all therequired pages.
    >
    > Here is my code: *
    > * * * * * * * * * * ContentNode contentNode = wpsNavNode.getContentNode();
    >
    > * * * * * * * * * * ContentNodeType nodeType = contentNode.getContentNodeType();
    >
    > * * * * * * * * * * String pageTitle = contentNode.getTitle(locale); * // This is returning null hence navigation is not coming.
    >
    > Anybody has any idea why is it returning null?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Raj.

  5. Re: migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    @ rforraj : i think the problem returning null value can be related to deprecated APIs. but i do not know exactly why.
    if you created pages under more than one label/page the menu items disappear completely.But i also don't know why.

    @ portalPC : your suggestion couldn't resolve the issue.thanks for your help.if you have another suggestions i would like to see them

    Regards

  6. Re: migrating theme from websphere portal v5.1 to v6.1

    just a correction.

    @ portalPC : i solved the problem with your suggestion.I apologize for my wrong info in my previous message.The problem was related to my custom theme.

+ Reply to Thread