PageTitle returns as null in theme ?? - Websphere

This is a discussion on PageTitle returns as null in theme ?? - Websphere ; ..... Code snippet from *PlaceBarInclude.jsp*: ---------------------------------------- % ContentNode contentNode = wpsNavNode.getContentNode(); ContentNodeType nodeType = contentNode.getContentNodeType(); boolean openInNewWindow =com.ibm.portal.content.ContentNodeType.EXTERNALUR L.equals(wpsNavNode.getContentNode().getContentNod eType()); String PageTitle = contentNode.getTitle(locale); Here I am getting "PageTitle" as a null..hence my theme doesn't display navigation items. anybody please ...

  1. PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    Code snippet from *PlaceBarInclude.jsp*:

    %
    ContentNode contentNode = wpsNavNode.getContentNode();
    ContentNodeType nodeType = contentNode.getContentNodeType();
    boolean openInNewWindow =com.ibm.portal.content.ContentNodeType.EXTERNALUR L.equals(wpsNavNode.getContentNode().getContentNod eType());
    String PageTitle = contentNode.getTitle(locale);

    Here I am getting "PageTitle" as a null..hence my theme doesn't display navigation items.

    anybody please tell me where I am doing wrong here?

    Thanks,
    prasad.

  2. Re: PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    you are most likely running into this problem

  3. Re: PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    helps if i put the link in http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21314497

  4. Re: PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for your reply.

    My question is can I directly migrate themes and skins from Portal 5.1 to 6.1? Because in portal 5.1 version we do not have topNav.jspf , head.jspf,footer.jspf and etc. Also in portal 5.1 there is no NavigationModel being used.

    Could you please give some thoughts about how do I achieve?

    Thanks,
    Raj.

  5. Re: PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    You can migrate themes, you just will need to change how you are getting the title, you do not need the other files, just need to add the localizer service and use that to retrieve the titles to your page

  6. Re: PageTitle returns as null in theme ??

    Hi Jim,
    Thank you so much. It worked and am able to retrieve the page titles and navigation menu as well.

    Thanks,
    Raj.

+ Reply to Thread