App deployment to a specific node in a cluster - Websphere

This is a discussion on App deployment to a specific node in a cluster - Websphere ; Is it possible to deploy an app to a specific node within a cluster and run that app exclusively on one node of the cluster. For example: App = ABC Cluster 1 = {Node X, Node Y and Node Z} ...

  1. App deployment to a specific node in a cluster

    Is it possible to deploy an app to a specific node within a cluster and run that app exclusively on one node of the cluster.

    For example:

    App = ABC
    Cluster 1 = {Node X, Node Y and Node Z}

    I want to deploy app ABC so that it runs exclusively on Node Y.

    Is this possible? I have already tried mapping app ABC to Node Y but app ABC is now with the status of "unavailable".

    Any guidance on this will be appreciated.

  2. Re: App deployment to a specific node in a cluster

    Please post your question to WebSphere forum. You may get better response.

    -FF

  3. Re: App deployment to a specific node in a cluster

    I don't think that it is possible as during synchronization all the deployments will be pushed to other nodes.