Change uniquename through xmlaccess - Websphere

This is a discussion on Change uniquename through xmlaccess - Websphere ; Is it possible to change a page's uniquename using xmlaccess?...

  1. Change uniquename through xmlaccess

    Is it possible to change a page's uniquename using xmlaccess?

  2. Re: Change uniquename through xmlaccess

    Yes. You can use XMLaccess to set and change the uniquename of a page, as long as you have the objectid correctly referenced.

    -FF

  3. Re: Change uniquename through xmlaccess

    I'm getting a Duplicate ObjectID exception

  4. Re: Change uniquename through xmlaccess

    Please attache 3 XML files:
    - the current page export;
    - the input file you use to change the uniquename;
    - the result file that shows the error.

    -FF

  5. Re: Change uniquename through xmlaccess

    I think that I have guesses what is happening. I had an unique xmlaccess file referring three times to the same page. In the first time I was changing one portlet instance preference, in the second one changing the uniquename and in the third one changing the page title. I guess that in one xmlaccess file it is only possible to reference one page once and not repeated times. I have three separate diferent files and they're processed correctly. Am i right?

    Now, i'm wondering how to make an effective uniquename change in different environments (development, test, production) using xmlaccess? Because, I guess, the objectid in those might be different...

+ Reply to Thread