Portal 6.1 not logging on - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6.1 not logging on - Websphere ; I installed portal 6.1 it was working fine then i configured stande-alone LDAP repository(domino). I have used wpsadmin user as a Portal administrator and wpsbind for WAS. LDAP configured successfully and AdminConsole is logging on with wpsbind but Portal Server ...

  1. Portal 6.1 not logging on

    I installed portal 6.1 it was working fine then i configured stande-alone LDAP repository(domino). I have used wpsadmin user as a Portal administrator and wpsbind for WAS. LDAP configured successfully and AdminConsole is logging on with wpsbind but Portal Server is NOT logging on. When i checked LDAP settings i found that wpsadmin is not the member of wpsadmins group.
    I added wpsadmin in wpsadmins group but still portal server is not logging.

    Please tell:

    1- Is this problem is accuring because wpsadmin was not member of wpsadmins group during configuration ??
    2- If yes then after added him in wpsadmins groups it should be working ??
    3- Should i re-configure LDAP repository or there is a way to resolve it.

    -Arif

  2. Re: Portal 6.1 not logging on

    To answer your questions,
    1. No, wpsadmin doesn't have to be in the admin group;
    2. adding the admin user to the admin group doesn't really do much;
    3. What's the error in SystemOut.log?

    Please attach log files, security.xml and wimconfig.xml.

    -FF