How to show loggedin users name on banner_toolbar.jspf in portal6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to show loggedin users name on banner_toolbar.jspf in portal6.1 - Websphere ; I have not worked on *portal6.1 themes*. My requirement is the logged in user's name should be seen on the top part(In 6.0 it was called banner_toolbar.jspf) Is it possible to show the name on 6.1, if so how show ...

  1. How to show loggedin users name on banner_toolbar.jspf in portal6.1

    I have not worked on *portal6.1 themes*.

    My requirement is the logged in user's name should be seen on the top part(In 6.0 it was called banner_toolbar.jspf)

    Is it possible to show the name on 6.1, if so how show i proceed with this; now we know that themes are residing as separate application on the server. Are these header.jspf, footer, sidenav...default.jsp and control.jsp still working?

    Can i get the role of loggedin user in the themes 6.1, if yes how to do it?

    When to use themcustomizer. One example would help a lot.

    Thank you,

  2. Re: How to show loggedin users name on banner_toolbar.jspf inportal6.1

    We use:

    {code}Welcome {code}

    in the theme where the taglib is:

    {code}{code}

    Please note that we are migrating from 5.1 to 6.1 at the moment and there may be a better way to do this now. This still works though.

    All the best,
    Tony

+ Reply to Thread