Migrate Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 to another machine - Websphere

This is a discussion on Migrate Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 to another machine - Websphere ; Hi all I'm doing a webSphere Portal laboratory in Windows Server 2003. I need to migrate my websphere portal to another machine. How can i do this????? Thsi is not a version migration because is the same number 6.1.0.1. I ...

  1. Migrate Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 to another machine

    Hi all

    I'm doing a webSphere Portal laboratory in Windows Server 2003.

    I need to migrate my websphere portal to another machine.

    How can i do this????? Thsi is not a version migration because is the same number 6.1.0.1.

    I already make the customization and the JCR configuration in my new enviroment but the procedure for export portal configuration WPMigrate.bat doesn't work correctly.

    This is the error:
    14-sep-2009 18:05:27 com.ibm.wps.migration.framework.logging.MigrationL ogger execute
    GRAVE: EJPMA6118E: Websphere directory doen't exist. ${current.wp.config.properties.WasUserHome}

    I attach MigrationTrace.

    Pls help

  2. Re: Migrate Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 to another machine

    Yes you can. Its the same as migrating to a remote machine without a change in version. You still have export/import, backup, etc.

    See this link for details..
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...re_remote.html

    With that said, we dont have a testcase for this and in my experience we have had some issues as they relate to:
    issues arounf name resolution
    and how node names are handeled
    if IP is the ONLY thing that chnages
    then U should be ok
    as DNS or /etc/hosts
    can handle mapping

    main thing is that nodename variable is mapped after the host name so all the artifacts are organized by node name.
    WPmigrate.bat should work. By the way the error below is referring to your wsas home directory.

  3. Re: Migrate Websphere Portal 6.1.0.1 to another machine

    This is the command

    WPmigrate.bat portal-pre-upgrade
    -DbackupDirectory=C:\mybackup
    -DcurrentPortalDirectory=C:\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profil e
    -DcurrentPortalAdminId=wpadmin -DcurrentPortalAdminPwd=wpadmin
    -DDbPassword=db2admin -DgroupExport="true"

    Hi i already try this without success
    the -DcurrentPortalDirectory doesn't work with any of this;

    1)C:\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profile (this is the wasuserhome in wkplc.properties)
    2)C:\WebSphere\PortalExpress\AppServer
    3)C:\WebSphere\PortalExpress\PortalServer

+ Reply to Thread