Problem with authentication filter - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem with authentication filter - Websphere ; I am using explicit filter to redirect URL depending upon the user logged in . Let's say user A will log in and he will land in page A. Similarly when user B will log in he will land in ...

  1. Problem with authentication filter

    I am using explicit filter to redirect URL depending upon the user logged in .
    Let's say user A will log in and he will land in page A. Similarly when user B will log in he will land in Page B.

    I am able to do it when I use the portal login portlet but when I use my own custom portlet I am not able see the desired page .
    In case of custom portlet When I enter my credentials it shows that I am logged in but again redirects me to the same page.
    This not the case with the login portlet.This only happens when i use my custom login portlet.

    I can see in console it calls the redirect URL but the page doesn't get redirected.
    Console is same for the both case but in custom login portlet it doesn't get redirected.

    Can I get any help on this .

    Thanks

    Pranav

  2. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    does your custom login portlet do anything special?

    Can you show the code you are calling to login?

  3. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    see if these could help you in any way...

    [Custom landing page after login - Authentication Filter approach|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...er-login.html]

    [Authentication Filter implementation|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/20...ation-in.html]

    thanks..
    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  4. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    Thanks a lot everyone. I changed the image and its working now .
    No idea what was the problem with that.

    Pranav

  5. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    Does anyone have any idea how to send the exception back from authentication filter to login portlet ?

  6. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    I am not sure about sending exception back from filter to login portlet but yes there is tricky way around.
    If i you understood correctly, your flow is

    a)user logs in to portal
    b)if any exception occured in filter you want to show error message in login portlet

    right?

    **
    *[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  7. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    yes exactly.

    I am able to do it in case of explicit filter but i am unable to do it in case of implicit filter.

  8. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    i did with explicit filter but yes you can give a try with implicit filter

    here you go...
    once you receive any error in filter, generate a url to login portlet using URL generation API and redirect from catch block.
    also put some attribute in parameter map and retrieve the same in doView of login portlet and based on that show error page.

    hope that helps

    **
    *[ExtremePortal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

  9. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    [2]

    Delegation Mode: PARENT_LAST
    [3] com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader@1d441 d44
    [4] com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader@7e7a7e7a
    [5] org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClass Loader@228e228e
    [6] sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@155c155c
    [7] sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@438a438a
    ---Original exception---
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (authfilters/AuthFilter) bad major version at offset=6
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :258)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:151)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._define Class(CompoundClassLoader.java:555)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java:506)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java:389)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:5 97)
    at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)..

    Any help .

  10. Re: Problem with authentication filter

    Are you compiling with the right JDK? I would check that first, if you send me your class file I can check to see what version it is
    Jim