Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 - Websphere ; I have followed the following technote to the letter to migrate portal databases from sql server 2000 to 2005: - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21295590 (Configuring SQL Server 2005) I am running (# IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.3, # IBM WebSphere Application Server fix pack ...

  1. Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    I have followed the following technote to the letter to migrate portal databases from sql server 2000 to 2005:
    - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21295590 (Configuring SQL Server 2005)

    I am running (# IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.3, # IBM WebSphere Application Server fix pack level 6.0.2.23 with IBM Java™ SDK J2RE 1.4.2 (SR9), # Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP2 ) as the technote specifies.

    After completing this i am receiving multiple errors when attempting to start portal, errors such as this:
    [10/09/09 16:53:43:035 EST] 00000028 WSMM Message E com.ibm.ws.wmm.lookaside.db.LAAttributeCache init(baseDao) The following SQL Exception occured during processing: "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name 'WMMLAATR'.
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ma keFromDatabaseError(Unknown Source)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.ge tNextResult(Unknown Source)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStat ement.doExecutePreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStat ement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(Unknown Source)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(Un known Source)

    Please find an attached copy of the system out.

    Does anyone have an idea of these errors, my initial investigation is pointing to the driver?

  2. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    The problem sounds like from the WMM tables. Can you check the WMM tables in SQL Server console and see if the table in the error exists?

    -FF

  3. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    Hello Fang

    I have checked the tables using the SQL Server console and yes the tables do exist.

  4. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    Stop Portal and start WAS (server1 or Dmgr). Check the datasources for your Portal database.

    Please attach your wmm.xml.

    -FF

  5. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    the datasources test ok.

  6. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    I would suggest you to temporarily comment "LookAside" out in wmm.xml and see if the Portal starts up fine. If yes, then you still have a problem in wmmDS.

    -FF

  7. Re: Migrating Portal 6.0 from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

    Hi Fang, I found that i had not installed some required portal 6.1.0.3 patches. after installing them all is running fine.

    thanks for your assistance

+ Reply to Thread