Redirecting to a Custom Password Reset Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Redirecting to a Custom Password Reset Portlet - Websphere ; I have created a custom portlet allowing users to change their passwords after their passwords expired based on LDAP policy. The problem I having is bypassing the chain filter. Does any know how to bypass an authentication chain filter? Currently, ...

  1. Redirecting to a Custom Password Reset Portlet

    I have created a custom portlet allowing users to change their passwords after their passwords expired based on LDAP policy. The problem I having is bypassing the chain filter.

    Does any know how to bypass an authentication chain filter? Currently, I can capture the exception for when the password has expired and try to redirect to the custom password page, but instead I get redirected to the login page with error message.

    No matter it appears to forward to doLoginWithExceptons.

    NOTE:
    IBM created a custom login portlet but then it passes controls to the default ibm login portlet.

  2. Re: Redirecting to a Custom Password Reset Portlet

    When you say it passes control what do you mean?

    Now I know when I had done this I was forcing them to change their password before it expired.

    One question I have is if you get an exception during login it should pass back to your portlet. Now from what I remember you will just get an exception back from portal to your portlet(it is ambiguous to try and prevent brute force attacks), so what I suspect is that you would be best of taking the following approach.

    In your portlet before doing login code, try to make a bind to the ldap directly and you should get the message back, now that you are in the processaction phase, you can go ahead and redirect.

    Now from what I remember if the password has expired so you would not be in an authenticated state so you will need somewhere to verify the new and old password when they try to change it

  3. Re: Redirecting to a Custom Password Reset Portlet

    I am all set. The issue was I forgot to set the portlet anonymous.

+ Reply to Thread