Re: IBM.WMQ.MQTRACE error - Unable to load DLL (amqxcs2.dll) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: IBM.WMQ.MQTRACE error - Unable to load DLL (amqxcs2.dll) - Websphere ; I just wanted to save some people some frustration with this error if they encounter it. I had an installation of MQ working just fine and then it suddenly broke. My system is winxp pro, asp.net 1.1. I have the ...

  1. Re: IBM.WMQ.MQTRACE error - Unable to load DLL (amqxcs2.dll)

    I just wanted to save some people some frustration with this error if they encounter it. I had an installation of MQ working just fine and then it suddenly broke.

    My system is winxp pro, asp.net 1.1. I have the MQ websphere\bin directory in my path. I read over a dozen potential answers online including ones suggested here and applied them but to no avail. I also uninstalled and reinstalled both the 5.3 client and the CSD5 service pack but still didn't help.

    It turns out asp.net 1.1 (at least) truncates the PATH environment variable to 1024 bytes even though the PATH variable allows up to 2K bytes. To fix the problem, I had to move the c:\program files\IBM\websphere MQ\bin path to the beginning of my PATH environment variable.

    You can test this for yourself to see if this is your problem by adding this line before you instantiate the QueueManager object.
    Dim Path As String = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("PATH")

    There is a hotfix for this issue for 2003 server. But I haven't been able to dig out the link for WinXP Pro. So for now, I just moved the mq\bin path to the start of my PATH variable.

    Hope you find this solution helpful and happy queuing!

    Mamoud

  2. Re: IBM.WMQ.MQTRACE error - Unable to load DLL (amqxcs2.dll)

    Bear in mind that 5.3 is an unsupported version of MQ. If you develop or deploy applications using this version and encounter any problems, you will not be able to report them to IBM to get them fixed. I suggest you upgrade to a supported version of MQ, such as 6.0 or 7.0.1 and apply the latest FixPack. HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread