Message expiration - Websphere

This is a discussion on Message expiration - Websphere ; Hi If some can tell me, if it can happen that a message expired during the MQGET. I select the message I want to GET via browse. But later I don't get it: - I don't get a message because ...

  1. Message expiration

    Hi

    If some can tell me, if it can happen that a message expired during the
    MQGET.
    I select the message I want to GET via browse.
    But later I don't get it:
    - I don't get a message because no more message available
    - or the message I wanted to get has expired

  2. Re: Message expiration

    If I understand your question correctly then I think the answer is 'yes'. A
    message can expire at any time right up to the time you actually remove it
    from the queue. The fact that you have browsed the message in the past is no
    guarantee that you will be able to MQGET it in the future. In fact, when a
    message is removed is one of the principal times we check for message
    expiry. Clearly users would be upset if we returned an expired message on an
    MQGET

    Hope this helps,
    P.

    "Miklos Szigetvari" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > If some can tell me, if it can happen that a message expired during the
    > MQGET.
    > I select the message I want to GET via browse.
    > But later I don't get it:
    > - I don't get a message because no more message available
    > - or the message I wanted to get has expired

+ Reply to Thread