Significant performance reduction without internet connection - Websphere

This is a discussion on Significant performance reduction without internet connection - Websphere ; Running the sample producer/consumer contained within the .Net package on a server which has not connected to the internet is significantly slower than running it normally (30 seconds to start, at least 30 seconds to create a connection factory). We ...

  1. Significant performance reduction without internet connection

    Running the sample producer/consumer contained within the .Net package on a server which has not connected to the internet is significantly slower than running it normally (30 seconds to start, at least 30 seconds to create a connection factory).

    We have recently developed a .Net client application and expect to be using it on internal systems that do not have an internet connections. The prevailing theory is that because one of the dlls is signed, Windows is attempting to contact the CRL (or something security related) before proceeding. When a connection to the internet is made the problem is immediately resolved.

    There are two questions that arise from this, can anything be done so that an outside connection is not required and what are the long term effects of making the connection and then disconnecting permanently? We are worried that after some security related time-out this will occur again.

    Any help on the matter, even if it is just additional information as to what is happening, will be greatly appreciated.

    Michael

  2. Re: Significant performance reduction without internet connection

    Maybe it is a host name resolution problem. It might be attempting to contact an Internet DNS. Try changing the MQ channel config to use IP addresses and see what happens. MQ Trace may also show something. HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread