JMS + Cluster connection - Websphere

This is a discussion on JMS + Cluster connection - Websphere ; Hi, I have a very simple set up, but I want to build in some HA capability. Please excuse my basic question, I have not been able to find the answer in the manuals. I have QM A + QM ...

  1. JMS + Cluster connection

    Hi,

    I have a very simple set up, but I want to build in some HA capability. Please excuse my basic question, I have not been able to find the answer in the manuals.

    I have QM A + QM B. These will be on different servers (linux).

    I want my JMS connection (MQConnectionFactory) to connect to QM A and should this fail (either at startup or after a connection has been made) automatically switch over to QM B.

    Is there a way of setting up the connection factory to do this, or do I need to set up a cluster? If I need to use a cluster, again, how do I set up the connectionfactory?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: JMS + Cluster connection

    forgot to say, we are using MQ 7.0.0.

    I am just reading baout the client-reconnect feature in v 7.0.1, so this may be my solution, but any other advice would be welcome.

    Thanks,

  3. Re: JMS + Cluster connection

    it appears clustering / auot-reconnect wasn't the answer, but client connection definitions (and it was in the manual all along!)

    unless somebody else knows a better solution..

  4. Re: JMS + Cluster connection

    MQ Clustering relates to grouping of MQ Queue Managers. Client apps cannot be members of a cluster, although they can take advantage of some of the properties of clusters. To get the best HA-like solution, go for MQ v7.0.1.

+ Reply to Thread