Re: Client unable to connect to MQ - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Client unable to connect to MQ - Websphere ; HI, Try this: Reason code 2058 The queue manager name provided on the connection attempt does not match the queue manager to which it has been connected. Two reasons this error can occur are: – Although the connection factory is ...

  1. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    HI,
    Try this:
    Reason code 2058
    The queue manager name provided on the connection attempt does not
    match the queue manager to which it has been connected.

    Two reasons this error can occur are:
    – Although the connection factory is configured with the correct host, port,
    and queue manager name, the connection method has been set to
    bindings. This is the default when defining an WebSphere MQ connection
    factory. The connection attempt is made locally.
    If trying to connect to a remote system, ensure the connection method is
    set to client.
    – The connection has successfully been made, but the queue manager
    name provided does not match the queue manager name with which the
    WebSphere MQ listener is associated.
    Ensure the queue manager name in the connection factory is correct,
    including the correct case.

    There is a excellent redpaper treating to this subject: WebSphere Application Server V6.1: JMS Problem Determination - http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4330.pdf

  2. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    Hi,

    Thanks a lot for the wonderful article. I will go through it and try to identify the cause for this issue.

    thanks again!

  3. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    Hi,

    I have a quick question. I am using the JMS API and not the MQ API here. How do I ensure that the connection method is set to client then? There is no such method in the QueueConnectionFactory object. Do I have to take the MQ API route then?

    thanks

  4. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    Hi.

    When you created your connection factory you would have had a choice of transport mode: bindings, client, etc. You should be able to use the admin console to
    change your transport mode to client (if on WAS 7 don't choose 'bindings then client').

    Cheers, Matt

  5. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    Thanks for the response! I understand what you are saying, but I don't have access to the server in which the QueueConnectionFactory is created. Can I not something from the client side? Remember that I am trying to connect to a queue on a remote server. The JMS provider and the queues are not on my client machine.

    thanks

  6. Re: Client unable to connect to MQ

    Hi.

    The solution to this is to get the administrator of the remote app server to create a client mode connection factory which you can look up and use, as currently you are mis-configured if you are trying to use a bindings mode connection factory to a remote queue manager.

    You can't work round this without in-depth knowledge of the internals of WebSphere Application Server I am afraid.

    Cheers, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread