How to auto start MQ channels? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to auto start MQ channels? - Websphere ; Hello Can someone please let me know how to autostart MQ channels. my sender channels go to a stop/inactive mode whenever the windows server reboots. Sender Channels donot start by themselves even after sending messages, restarting QM etc.I have to ...

  1. How to auto start MQ channels?

    Hello

    Can someone please let me know how to autostart MQ channels.

    my sender channels go to a stop/inactive mode whenever the windows server reboots.
    Sender Channels donot start by themselves even after sending messages, restarting QM etc.I have to start them manually everytime.

    I set the disconenct interval to 0
    and I am using windows operating system
    GUI or comamnds anything will do.

    Your suggestions are much appreciated.
    Please help!

    Thanks
    Lehari

  2. Re: How to auto start MQ channels?

    RTFM "WMQ Intercommunication V7.0", Chapter 3, under Preparing WMQ for Distributed Platforms, Triggering Channels.

    Best practise is not to use DISCINT(0). Make it a least twice as long as the normal interval between messages during normal hours of operation. This lets the channel go inactive during quiet times (eg. overnight) and makes it less susceptible to transient network problems.

    HTH, Glenn.

  3. Re: How to auto start MQ channels?

    Thanks Glenn
    I created a new service to trigger channel initiators which in turn starts channels when ever a new message is arrived

+ Reply to Thread