OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question - Websphere

This is a discussion on OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question - Websphere ; I'm completely new to writing MQ code in Cobol and have run into a problem/limitation with VMS Cobol. I am attempting to get messages from a queue where the possibility exists that the message size will be larger than the ...

  1. OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question

    I'm completely new to writing MQ code in Cobol and have run into a problem/limitation with VMS Cobol.
    I am attempting to get messages from a queue where the possibility exists that the message size will be larger than the maximum field/record size allowed in VMS Cobol (32767 bytes).

    I'm at a loss to understand what I need to do in order to process a complete message that exceeds this maximum size.

    Is there some option/parameter I need to use within the MQGET call that will allow me to bring the complete message into my program so I can Am I missing something somewhere?

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

  2. Re: OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question

    OpenVMS COBOL has no restriction of 32KB for data items. Why do you not post a code snippet along with the versions of the software you are using and the hardware platform?

  3. Re: OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question

    Agree with John's comment about a code snippet. I also would like to see the MQ Queue definition.

    Brad McCusker
    Software Concepts International
    www.sciinc.com

  4. Re: OpenVMS Cobol - MQGET question

    Hmm, interesting. I think I'm losing my mind. When I compile now with a buffer size of 4 million bytes it compiles clean. Sorry for posting foolishness, it seems I can indeed do what I need to do.

+ Reply to Thread