Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1 - Websphere ; Hi all, Until a few weeks ago, We've been using a pre-production environment using an iSeries (V5R3) and a Windows 2000 server with MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1 with no CSD installed. This environment worked just fine until we've upgraded ...

  1. Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    Hi all,

    Until a few weeks ago, We've been using a pre-production environment using an iSeries (V5R3) and a Windows 2000 server with MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1 with no CSD installed. This environment worked just fine until we've upgraded i5/OS to V5R4. The MQ version installed in the i5 was not updated (still is V5R3).
    We are now not able to send messages from the Windows machine to the i5 server but from the i5 we send messages that reach the windows server.

    The message we're getting is:
    (...)
    Message . . . : Error on receive from host y.y.y.y.
    Cause . . . . . : An error occurred receiving data from y.y.y.y over
    TCP/IP. This may be due to a communications failure. Recovery . . . :
    The return code from the TCP/IP (read) call was 3426 (X'X'00000D62'').
    Record these values and tell the systems administrator.
    (...)

    We've already verified with the communications team, opened everything in the firewalls between both servers and still are getting the same problems.

    I'm hoping some of you can tell me were can I find a CSD in order to update the Windows server (the i5 is updated to the latest level - 6).
    Can someone help me with this issue?

    Thanks
    Mário Martins

  2. Re: Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    MQ Series 5.1 went out of support by IBM in about 2002, so the CSDs are no longer available. Are you guys living in the dark ages? Don't you have a software currency strategy? BTW, MQ 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 are all out of support. I think you will be forced to a supported version, 6.0, 7.0, or 7.0.1 if you want any assistance from the vendor.

    MQ 5.3 on your i5 system is also out of support. You have some big challenges ahead of you!

    Glenn.

  3. Re: Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    Thanks Glenn,

    In fact, this is a legacy platform. There is a project running regarding a new IT solution but will only be available by the end of the year.

    This solution is working fine on the production environment (i/OS V5R3 with MQSeries for AS/400 V5R3 + MQ Series for Windos NT 5.1 in a Windows 2000 Server). The pre-production environment has been updated to i/OS V5R4 all other components were left as they were, including MQSeries for AS/400 V5R3.

    All I've read about this problem lead to the need for a CSD on the windows MQ environment. The thing is... I haven´t been able to find it anywhere.

    Does anyone have that piece of old patch software?

    Thanks
    Mario

  4. Re: Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    You could be in luck, try opening
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/...fixes/winnt51/
    in your web browser. Some old CSDs for MQSeries 5.1 on Windows are there.

    HTH, Glenn.

  5. Re: Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    Hi Glenn,

    Sorry for the late coment. I thank you for the link. I found there CSD08 for MQ 5.1 and already applied it but still... not working the behaviour is the same. All MQ objects have been re-created (on both sides). I can´t find any error on the logs (on either side).
    I Guess i'll try to have som expert from IBM in Portugal looking at our scenario and apeal to his memory (because of the pre-historic versions we're working with).

    I tank you for your interest.
    Until next time (hopefully with 21st century versions of MQ environment).

    All the best,
    MM2

  6. Re: Can I still get any CSD for MQSeries for Windows NT 5.1

    The return code from the TCP/IP (read) call was 3426 (X'X'00000D62'').

    ie. MQ called the TCP/IP socket library function 'read' and it returned 3426. On Unix this will be an errno, on Windows it will be a Winsock error code.

+ Reply to Thread