How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page - Websphere ; Hi All, I am not regular user of IBM Http server, We have IBM Http server acting as a front to our application running on WAS. For some maintenance activities on WAS we want to redirect user to a maintenance ...

  1. How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page

    Hi All,

    I am not regular user of IBM Http server, We have IBM Http server acting as a front to our application running on WAS.

    For some maintenance activities on WAS we want to redirect user to a maintenance page by the time we do activities on our server. At the time of our activity server may be started or may be stopped. So not really wants to bind it with server status.

    I really appriciate any help and guidance on this.

    Regards,
    Milind N

  2. Re: How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page

    Create a different httpd.conf file configuring the HTTP server to always
    point to the maintenance page.
    At the start of the window, start the HTTP server with this conf file
    At the end of the window start with the normal httpd.conf

    - Sunit

    "Milind N" wrote in message
    news:823052086.1257944766434.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was010...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am not regular user of IBM Http server, We have IBM Http server acting
    > as a front to our application running on WAS.
    >
    > For some maintenance activities on WAS we want to redirect user to a
    > maintenance page by the time we do activities on our server. At the time
    > of our activity server may be started or may be stopped. So not really
    > wants to bind it with server status.
    >
    > I really appriciate any help and guidance on this.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Milind N

  3. Re: How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page

    It would be good to write a re-write rule in the existing httpd.conf
    file and recycle the ihs

    regards
    Rejoice

    On Nov 11, 1:20*pm, "Sunit Patke" wrote:
    > Create a different httpd.conf file configuring the HTTP server to always
    > point to the maintenance page.
    > At the start of the window, start the HTTP server with this conf file
    > At the end of the window start with the normal httpd.conf
    >
    > - Sunit
    >
    > "Milind N" wrote in message
    >
    > news:823052086.1257944766434.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was010...
    >

    > > Hi All,

    > > I am not regular user of IBM Http server, We have IBM Http server acting
    > > as a front to our application running on WAS.

    > > For some maintenance activities on WAS we want to redirect user to a
    > > maintenance page by the time we do activities on our server. At the time
    > > of our activity server may be started or may be stopped. So not really
    > > wants to bind it with server status.

    > > I really appriciate any help and guidance on this.

    > > Regards,
    > > Milind N- Hide quoted text -

  4. Re: How to Redirect request to Static Maintenance page

    Use mod_rewrite to check for the existence of a file in your filesystem, and redirect to a URL not covered by your plugin-cfg.xml context routes.

    In each vhost:

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond /opt/IHS/htdocs/maintenance.html -f
    RewrieRule .* /maintenance.html [R]

    If you have a /* context route defined, you may need to tell IHS to listen on a high port and instead proxy to to that instance. This is required to prevent going into the ebSphere Plugin

+ Reply to Thread