IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster - Websphere ; Hi, I have a WebSphere Application Server clusetr consist of two servers. I deployed my Resource Adaptor, Connection Factory, Queue Copnnection Factory, Queues and Activation Spcification on Cluster. Then I deployed my web application targeting my Cluster and WebServer at ...

  1. IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster

    Hi,

    I have a WebSphere Application Server clusetr consist of two servers. I deployed my Resource Adaptor, Connection Factory, Queue Copnnection Factory, Queues and Activation Spcification on Cluster. Then I deployed my web application targeting my Cluster and WebServer at the same time to use HTTP server as a proxy but its failing to redirect the request to browser deoployed on my cluster. I can access following links seperatly on each member of a cluster;

    http://WebSphere_Host:*9081*/WebApplication & http://WebSphere_Host:*9082*/WebApplication

    But I CAN NOT access the same from HTTP Server;

    http://HTTP_Host:*HTTP_Port*/BrowserWeb

    I verified the 'Plug-in.conf' file for '/WebApplication/*' entry its there but still its looking for web application in 'htdocs' in HTTP Server log it says;

    *File not found: HTTPServer_Install_Dir/htdocs/BrowserWeb*

    I had the simillar problem earlier but the reason was different that config file path was incorrect in 'httpd.conf' file. But this time everything is correct.

    *Also, Do I have to create another cluster and deploy my WebApplication on it? Is it mandatory because I read somewhere that we can not use HTTP Server with tha Application Server contains all kind of JMS resources. Is it trur????*

    Thanks
    --
    SJunejo

  2. Re: IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster

    sjunejo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a WebSphere Application Server clusetr consist of two servers. I deployed my Resource Adaptor, Connection Factory, Queue Copnnection Factory, Queues and Activation Spcification on Cluster. Then I deployed my web application targeting my Cluster and WebServer at the same time to use HTTP server as a proxy but its failing to redirect the request to browser deoployed on my cluster. I can access following links seperatly on each member of a cluster;
    >
    > http://WebSphere_Host:*9081*/WebApplication & http://WebSphere_Host:*9082*/WebApplication
    >
    > But I CAN NOT access the same from HTTP Server;
    >
    > http://HTTP_Host:*HTTP_Port*/BrowserWeb
    >
    > I verified the 'Plug-in.conf' file for '/WebApplication/*' entry its there but still its looking for web application in 'htdocs' in HTTP Server log it says;
    >
    > *File not found: HTTPServer_Install_Dir/htdocs/BrowserWeb*
    >
    > I had the simillar problem earlier but the reason was different that config file path was incorrect in 'httpd.conf' file. But this time everything is correct.
    >
    > *Also, Do I have to create another cluster and deploy my WebApplication on it? Is it mandatory because I read somewhere that we can not use HTTP Server with tha Application Server contains all kind of JMS resources. Is it trur????*
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > SJunejo

    Beyond just the URL, you have to also check the host aliases in the
    cluster / plugin-cfg.xml. Especially if they're not the default port.
    If the Plugin doesn't have the host alias lists in the XML, it won't
    tell Apache it's responsible for the request.

    --
    Eric Covener

  3. Re: IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster

    Hi
    Please verify following points your configuration.
    1.Application mapped to both servers of your cluster and HTTP server.
    2.After mapping did you regenerate the plugins and propagate it.
    3.Can you please upload plugin xml file and httpd.conf file?
    Thanks

  4. Re: IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster

    Port = 8090

    Restarted my complete WebSphere Application Server setup in following manner;

    Stoped application server cluster
    Stoped node agent
    Stoped application server (Cell Manager Service)
    Started application server (Cell Manager Service)
    Started node agent
    Started application server cluster

    Then re-generated and re-propagated the plug-ins again (on HTTP Server) and verified in 'plugin-cfg.xml' that port *8090* is present in *VirtualHostGroup* section of the xml. Once its there finally restarted my IBM HTTP Server to load new configuratuions and its good to go

    Thanks

    --
    SJunejo

  5. Re: IBM HTTP Server V7.0 With Websphere Apliication Server Cluster

    Refer to post number 3 for solution

+ Reply to Thread