Disabling or pointing CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null - Websphere

This is a discussion on Disabling or pointing CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null - Websphere ; Hello, I need to be able to either disable the cores or point my CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null. We are using AIX 5.3 Thanks...

  1. Disabling or pointing CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null

    Hello,

    I need to be able to either disable the cores or point my CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null. We are using AIX 5.3

    Thanks

  2. Re: Disabling or pointing CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null

    Was_Intact_Admin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to be able to either disable the cores or point my CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null. We are using AIX 5.3
    >
    > Thanks

    Consult AIX documentation to disable coredumps, or point to
    CoredumpDirectory to any _directory_ that the IHS child process can't
    write to.

    --
    Eric Covener

  3. Re: Disabling or pointing CoreDumpDirectory to /dev/null

    99% of crashes are child process crashes, which run as an unpriveleged user. If you remove CoreDumpDirectory, it will default to the server root which should not be writable by this unpriveleged user. Otherwise you'd have to look into doing this at the AIX level, such that the IHS CoreDumpDirectory is short-circuited by asking AIX not to drop core at all.

+ Reply to Thread