How to configure URL rerwite on IHS that has plugins enabled forWAS - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to configure URL rerwite on IHS that has plugins enabled forWAS - Websphere ; Hi everyone, I have a webserver and a application server with plugins configured to access the application from the IHS end. The app can be accessed via http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage However, I want this to happen instead. When users navigate to http://webserver ...

  1. How to configure URL rerwite on IHS that has plugins enabled forWAS

    Hi everyone,

    I have a webserver and a application server with plugins configured to access the application from the IHS end.
    The app can be accessed via http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage

    However, I want this to happen instead.

    When users navigate to http://webserver, I want them to hit the application at http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage instead, but I want the URL to remain at http://webserver, so it's not just a simple redirect.

    I have tried using the apache rewrite. but it doesn't seem to be working. The problem is that it keeps looking for /Analytics/* on the physical IHS server file system. But of course these files/folders don't exist on the IHS server, they exist at the app server layer which is why we have a plugin.

    This is what I have in the httpd.conf file:

    RewriteEngine on
    Rewrite ^/$ /Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage

    How can I solve this problem?

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to configure URL rerwite on IHS that has plugins enabledfor WAS

    an update:

    i added the [R] flag, i have no idea what it does, but i saw some examples and gave it a try..

    RewriteEngine on
    Rewrite ^/$ /Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage [R]

    now when i hit http://webserver, it automatically redirects to http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage, but the URL also shows as http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage. is there a way to make it show http://webserver only? thx

  3. Re: How to configure URL rerwite on IHS that has plugins enabledfor WAS

    rlee@us.ibm.com wrote:
    > an update:
    >
    > i added the [R] flag, i have no idea what it does, but i saw some examples and gave it a try..
    >

    > RewriteEngine on
    > Rewrite ^/$ /Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage [R]
    >

    > now when i hit http://webserver, it automatically redirects to http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage, but the URL also shows as http://webserver/Analytics/abs.dll?Mainpage. is there a way to make it show http://webserver only? thx

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/httpse...alter_uri.html

    You'll likely break a lot of your relative links when you start
    inventing/removing subdirectories in the URL-path.

    --
    Eric Covener

+ Reply to Thread