Maximum allowed password length for Websphere admin console - Websphere

This is a discussion on Maximum allowed password length for Websphere admin console - Websphere ; I am trying to figure out the maximum allowed password length for the Websphere 6.1 administrator console. I cannot find any documentation that explicitly states the maximum allowed length. Ironically I have been tasked with determining this info but I ...

  1. Maximum allowed password length for Websphere admin console

    I am trying to figure out the maximum allowed password length for the
    Websphere 6.1 administrator console. I cannot find any documentation
    that explicitly states the maximum allowed length.

    Ironically I have been tasked with determining this info but I do not
    currently have access to the Websphere server I'm being charged with
    knowing so much about. You've probably guessed I'm working on a
    government project

    Any help is appreciated.

    Best,
    Charles

  2. Re: Maximum allowed password length for Websphere admin console

    I think you'll find it depends upon the repository selected, rather
    than upon the administrative console.

    I'm currently using an 11 character password, but I would expect that
    if there is a limit, it's impractically large for typists.

    Peter Bennett
    DSPS

    On Jan 15, 2:58*pm, campbell599 wrote:
    > I am trying to figure out the maximum allowed password length for the
    > Websphere 6.1 administrator console. *I cannot find any documentation
    > that explicitly states the maximum allowed length.
    >
    > Ironically I have been tasked with determining this info but I do not
    > currently have access to the Websphere server I'm being charged with
    > knowing so much about. *You've probably guessed I'm working on a
    > government project
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Best,
    > Charles