SSL, IIS and WebSphere 6.1 ND - how to configure it all - Websphere

This is a discussion on SSL, IIS and WebSphere 6.1 ND - how to configure it all - Websphere ; I am an SSL newbie trying to understand the SSL configuration for IIS and WebSPhere ND 6.1. I'm reading a lot of IBM documents, but nto fully understanding. For testing purposes, do I generate a certificate from IIS and load ...

  1. SSL, IIS and WebSphere 6.1 ND - how to configure it all

    I am an SSL newbie trying to understand the SSL configuration for IIS
    and WebSPhere ND 6.1. I'm reading a lot of IBM documents, but nto
    fully understanding. For testing purposes, do I generate a certificate
    from IIS and load into WebSphere or do I generate a certificate from
    WebSphere and load to IIS? Both are on the same server, btw. Also, do
    I configure the cell level only, or node level as well? What are the
    advantages? Thanks for all the help here.

  2. Re: SSL, IIS and WebSphere 6.1 ND - how to configure it all

    This should help: -
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...httpserv2.html

    If you have set up security within WebSphere for the whole cell, then
    the nodes will be communicating with the deployment manager via an
    encrypted link already.

    If you have any further problems after reading that (it's an SSL link
    between the plug-in and the application server, and you need to check
    the transports in the plug-in configuration file to make sure it only
    uses the SSL link afterwards) please do get in touch.

    Pete Bennett
    pete at dsps dot net

    On Jan 13, 9:59*pm, Duane wrote:
    > I am an SSL newbie trying to understand the SSL configuration for IIS
    > and WebSPhere ND 6.1. I'm reading a lot of IBM documents, but nto
    > fully understanding. For testing purposes, do I generate a certificate
    > from IIS and load into WebSphere or do I generate a certificate from
    > WebSphere and load to IIS? Both are on the same server, btw. Also, do
    > I configure the cell level only, or node level as well? *What are the
    > advantages? Thanks for all the help here.

  3. Re: SSL, IIS and WebSphere 6.1 ND - how to configure it all

    Pete -

    Thanks for your response. The link you sent me relates to WAS 7.0. I
    am on 6.1 - is this relevant?

    Also, I am working with an IIS web server. How does that figure into
    the equation? Am I still
    executing all the plug-in steps?

    Thanks again!

    Duane!