WAS plugin ssl and vanilla http - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS plugin ssl and vanilla http - Websphere ; Hi, Is it possible to have both http and https communications between IBM Http server and WAS 6.1 using the WAS plugin (AIX)? So for certain URIs (such as those that contain PCI and PII data) I want the communication ...

  1. WAS plugin ssl and vanilla http

    Hi,
    Is it possible to have both http and https communications between IBM
    Http server and WAS 6.1 using the WAS plugin (AIX)? So for certain
    URIs (such as those that contain PCI and PII data) I want the
    communication channel between the web server and the app server to be
    SSL enabled and thus encrypted. But for the rest, the communication
    channel should be plain vanilla http.
    Can someone point me to an article/infocenter page that details how to
    do this?
    Thanks
    Sid

  2. Re: WAS plugin ssl and vanilla http

    On Dec 19 2009, 12:59*am, Sid wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is it possible to have both http and https communications between IBM
    > Http server and WAS 6.1 using the WAS plugin (AIX)? So for certain
    > URIs (such as those that contain PCI and PII data) I want the
    > communication channel between the web server and the app server to be
    > SSL enabled and thus encrypted. But for the rest, the communication
    > channel should be plain vanilla http.
    > Can someone point me to an article/infocenter page that details how to
    > do this?
    > Thanks
    > Sid

    When you enable IBM HTTP Server with websphere app server .Plugin file
    is generated with both ssl and non ssl urls
    to enable ssl url from ibm http server to was you need to set your IHS
    to listen on 443 port and define keystore and certificate.
    you can give url to customer depending on the requirement..whether
    they want to use ssl or non ssl url...but both are enabled...you can
    disable them by stop listening to those ssl secured ports at WAS level
    by deleting transport chains that are used for ssl communication.

+ Reply to Thread