Convert HTML to WebSphere - Websphere

This is a discussion on Convert HTML to WebSphere - Websphere ; How feasable is it to design/develop a website using Dreamweaver/HTML (tables/cells) and CSS (design elements) ... and then have it converted for WebSphere? Please post newsgroup settings if possible. Thanks!...

  1. Convert HTML to WebSphere

    How feasable is it to design/develop a website using Dreamweaver/HTML
    (tables/cells) and CSS (design elements) ... and then have it converted for
    WebSphere?

    Please post newsgroup settings if possible.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Convert HTML to WebSphere

    I was hoping this would be an easy question but perhaps I didn't provide enough information.
    I can execute a sound HTML/CSS website, however, I am not experienced with WebSphere and there are cetain areas of this website that need to be easily edited client side. Would a regular HTML/CSS website be easily edited to make updating photos, copy user friendly without special software?

  3. Re: Convert HTML to WebSphere

    linkot wrote:
    > How feasable is it to design/develop a website using Dreamweaver/HTML
    > (tables/cells) and CSS (design elements) ... and then have it converted for
    > WebSphere?
    >
    > Please post newsgroup settings if possible.
    >
    > Thanks!

    WebSphere is an Application Server, not a web server so it is not used
    to develop websites

  4. Re: Convert HTML to WebSphere

    On Dec 1, 2:52*pm, linkot wrote:
    > .... and there are cetain areas of this website that need to be easily edited client side. *

    What I understand is you already have a WebSphere server running and
    you want to edit some HTML/CSS file in it.

    Little tricky...
    You need to get the *.EAR or *.WAR file which was used to deploy the
    project on the server.
    Use 7-Zip or similar unzip tool to open *.EAR/*.WAR file and navigate
    to the files you need to edit.
    extract the file you need, then edit them in what ever editor you
    like.
    put the edited files back to same place in EAR/WAR
    and redeploy the application, this way you can modify the package
    without rebuilding it.

    I do this to edit the properties files, thanks to 7-Zip,
    it is easy to navigate in WAR/EAR and hitting F4 to edit the files
    with out extracting it.

  5. Re: Convert HTML to WebSphere

    Hi Linkot

    You don't need Websphere Application Server if you only have a static site. You can however deploy this site to the IBM HTTP Server (basically a rebranded Apache HTTP Server) that normally accompanies an Websphere Application Server installation.

    Of course it is a different matter if what you really want is a web-based Content Management system. Websphere AS is not a web-based Content Management system but can be the infrastructure for one.

    regards
    Rico

+ Reply to Thread