WAS license - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS license - Websphere ; Hi We have an installation of WebSphere Application Server 5.2. I did not do the install myself and now nobody knows the license key/number from ordering WAS. Does anybody know if it is possible to retrieve the license number after ...

  1. WAS license

    Hi

    We have an installation of WebSphere Application Server 5.2. I did not do the install myself and now nobody knows the license key/number from ordering WAS.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to retrieve the license number after an install of WebSphere Application Server 5.2.
    As far as I know the license number is not used as such when installing but I do not know if it gets included in the install somehow. Or is it only on the DVD cover?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: WAS license

    migselv46 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > We have an installation of WebSphere Application Server 5.2. I did not do the install myself and now nobody knows the license key/number from ordering WAS.
    > Does anybody know if it is possible to retrieve the license number after an install of WebSphere Application Server 5.2.
    > As far as I know the license number is not used as such when installing but I do not know if it gets included in the install somehow. Or is it only on the DVD cover?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Not sure what you have but I can tell you that there has never been a
    version 5.2 for WebSphere Application Server and neither does it use a
    license number for installation.

    If you have problems with your licensing or understanding what you have
    or are entitled too, get in contact with your IBM Sales representative.

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  3. Re: WAS license

    There is no software KEY with WebSphere Application Server. To check whether you have a license or not check for Proof of Entitlement on Passport Advantage.

    Or, call your IBM rep.

    -Sunit

+ Reply to Thread