Hi,

I am trying to create a datasource to use in connecting to an Oracle database. When clicking on the Test Connection button, I'm getting the following error:

"The test connection operation failed for data source test Oracle JDBC Driver DataSource on server server1 at node xxxxxxx with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified DSRA0010E: SQL State = 60000, Error Code = 604. "

From the web, the error is said to be caused by incompatible NLS setting:

+"ORA-12705 invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified+

+Cause: There are two possible causes: Either an attempt was made to issue an ALTER SESSION statement with an invalid NLS parameter or value; or the NLS_LANG environment variable contains an invalid language, territory, or character set.+

+Action: Check the syntax of the ALTER SESSION statement and the NLS parameter, correct the syntax and retry the statement, or specify correct values in the NLS_LANG environment variable.+

+When logging into a database, JDBC sends an ALTER SESSION statement to initialize NLS session settings according to client locale. Inside JDBC code, there is a mapping table from Java locales to NLS_LANGUAGE/NLS_TERRITORY for the statement. If the current Java locale is not found in the table, the error is reported. "+

Previously, my Regional Language Setting Option was English-Philippines. After changing it to English-US I'm still getting the error.

I've tried other OS connecting to the Oracle database and those setups work. Not sure if this is an issue of WAS being installed on the Windows Server 2008. Has anyone encountered this issue before?