WAS7 and JDBC provider DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2 : any one did it ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS7 and JDBC provider DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2 : any one did it ? - Websphere ; Hello all. I am working on WAS 7.0.0.5 on AIX 1.6 and remote DB2 7.2 instance. My constraint is to set up a JDBC driver DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2. Did any one sucessfully set up a a JDBC provider ...

  1. WAS7 and JDBC provider DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2 : any one did it ?

    Hello all.
    I am working on WAS 7.0.0.5 on AIX 1.6 and remote DB2 7.2 instance.

    My constraint is to set up a JDBC driver DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2.

    Did any one sucessfully set up a a JDBC provider and data source based on the "DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2 driver ?
    I know this is not provided in the WAS 7 out-of-the-box list of JDBC provider.

    For the story :
    - My last symptom at Admin console data source test is :
    {code}The test connection operation failed for data source myDS on server myServer at node
    myNode with the following exception: javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0034E: The
    service is unable to obtain a valid administrative client to connect process "myServer"
    from process "nodeagent", because of exception: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.
    ConnectorException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception. View
    JVM logs for further details.
    {code}
    - The symptom in server log is
    {code}
    [11/24/09 19:52:57:828 CET] 00000022 DSConfigurati W DSRA8201W: DataSource Configuration:
    DSRA8041I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered SQLException with SQL State
    = S1000, Error Code = -99,999 : [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0600E Invalid connection handle
    or connection is closed. SQLSTATE=S1000.
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0600E Invalid connection handle or
    connection is closed. SQLSTATE=S1000
    {code}
    - I have successfuly set up such a system on a windows XP environement.
    - I have successfully set up on a Solaris but WAS5. I Fiddled the startServer.sh scripts in order to source db2profile.

    Ideas or successful experience woul be welcomed.

    Regards.

  2. Re: WAS7 and AIX and JDBC provider DB2 CLI V7.2 type 2 : any onedid it ?

    By the way. The trouble is on AIX.
    Maybe someone has experience.
    Regards.

+ Reply to Thread