Transfer of WAR contents through FTP - Websphere

This is a discussion on Transfer of WAR contents through FTP - Websphere ; Hi, we have an application which works like a web content management system(WCMS). Its output is the publication of web pages as an application using the Websphere Application Server. The WCMS though is programmed to transfer the html/jsp files through ...

  1. Transfer of WAR contents through FTP

    Hi, we have an application which works like a web content management system(WCMS). Its output is the publication of web pages as an application using the Websphere Application Server.

    The WCMS though is programmed to transfer the html/jsp files through FTP.

    Is it possible to do an FTP transfer of these files directly to the WAR of the application in Websphere?
    If it is, what tools/which features do we need?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Transfer of WAR contents through FTP

    Yes, its possible to place the files manually in the war directory, and as long as its html or jsp, the server will be able to server those.... but in-case you want to take export of the war/ear, those manually kept html/jsp will not be part of the exported war/ear.

    Thanks
    Akash

  3. Re: Transfer of WAR contents through FTP

    Thanks. Can you tell me what tools/features we can use for the FTP transfer?
    Or maybe the configurations that we need.

+ Reply to Thread