I need this urgent, please can somebody help me?? - Websphere

This is a discussion on I need this urgent, please can somebody help me?? - Websphere ; Hello Experts, I have WAS nd 6.1 installed on my box and i have 2 nodes.DMGR is running on one node and 4 similar applications are actually clustered on each of the nodes.Now just consider the scenario in which i ...

  1. I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    Hello Experts,

    I have WAS nd 6.1 installed on my box and i have 2 nodes.DMGR is running on one node and 4 similar applications are actually clustered on each of the nodes.Now just consider the scenario in which i am federating one more node to the dmgr.

    The reason behind addition of the third node is because i am going to deploy another application which needs to be running on 3 nodes so that it will be stable.And i dont want the existing apps to be added to the 3rd node.

    My questions are
    Whether the above condition is possible?
    Two nodes have same set of applications deployed, but the third node is only having only one app, will the plugin reroute the requests without any drop?
    If it is not possible can you guys please tell me the reason?

  2. Re: I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    webmaniac wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > I have WAS nd 6.1 installed on my box and i have 2 nodes.DMGR is running on one node and 4 similar applications are actually clustered on each of the nodes.Now just consider the scenario in which i am federating one more node to the dmgr.
    >
    > The reason behind addition of the third node is because i am going to deploy another application which needs to be running on 3 nodes so that it will be stable.And i dont want the existing apps to be added to the 3rd node.
    >
    > My questions are
    > Whether the above condition is possible?
    > Two nodes have same set of applications deployed, but the third node is only having only one app, will the plugin reroute the requests without any drop?
    > If it is not possible can you guys please tell me the reason?

    Create another cluster across all 3 nodes, deploy your application to
    that cluster. This will create new JVMs on all nodes, and they will be
    separate from the original applications.

    If you deploy an application to a cluster with only one node, there will
    of course be no failover/reroute.

    Ken

  3. Re: I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    In a clustered environment, WAS doesn't allow you to map application to just one AppServer (though there is a work around to it, but I wouldn't recommend doing that).

    Thanks
    Akash

  4. Re: I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    Webmaniac,

    Just create a second cluster in the cell containing 3 clustermembers (one on each node) and map your application to the newly created cluster.
    Like this the new app will be clustered on the 3 nodes and the others will just reside in the 2 original nodes.
    The plugin will be able to balance the load correctly.

    Kind regards,

    Kilian

  5. Re: I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    Hi,

    This could be a good workaround, but at the cost of extra load of 2 additional AppServers.

    Thanks
    Akash

  6. Re: I need this urgent, please can somebody help me??

    First of all thanks everyone for taking a look at my issue.
    Now the thing is,
    I have just federated the new node yesterday, it is an empty node and we are facing intermediate issues for one of the apps.What may be the cause?Even i dint added the server to any of the existing cluster members.I am not understanding why the app showed issues intermediately while loading.Even i have tested some URLS from my newly added server and the plugin was able to reroute the request to the other available servers.Any idea, is it coz it was an empty node??

    Akash Bharti and Kilian yeah i will be adding the new app in a new cluster say if my new app name is DEVELOPER then i will create a cluster in the dmgr with the name DEVELOPERCLUSTER and will add all the three nodes in that cluster which contains my new app.Now will this cause any instability because the third node i added is having only one app named DEVELOPER running and the other 2 nodes have say 5 app instance running including my new app.

+ Reply to Thread