Max heap size for WAS7 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Max heap size for WAS7 - Websphere ; Hi, Guys, What is the max heap size that I can set through WAS 7 console? It looks like I cann't set to 2048M in 7 while I was able to do so in WAS 6/6.1 Many thanks!...

  1. Max heap size for WAS7

    Hi, Guys,

    What is the max heap size that I can set through WAS 7 console?
    It looks like I cann't set to 2048M in 7 while I was able to do so in WAS 6/6.1

    Many thanks!

  2. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    I have Max Heap set to 3072 MBs in my WAS 7.0.0.5 (on AIX 6.1 64 bits).

    Do you get some message/error setting it ??

    Thanks
    Akash

  3. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    Hi, Akash,

    Thanks a lot for your reply.

    AIX supports more than 2G heap size, while JVM on Windows(32bit) does not support 2G. But I don't known what is the max size I can set.

    If I set the max heap size to 2048M in Websphere (windows), Websphere can not start.

    thanks,

  4. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    32bit architecture has an addressable range of 4 GBs, but, all addressable space is not available for WAS.

    Some memory is occupied by the kernel, other libraries etc and the remaining around (2 GBs to 2.5 GBs) is avaliable to JVM, depending upon what all is running on the system.

    Thanks
    Akash

  5. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    But, you are right that Windows occupies more memory for kernel.

    Thanks
    Akash

  6. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    3072 MBs ? Wow!
    What are the physical parameters of your server if you do not mind me asking?

    Thanks,
    Sabina

  7. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    To Akash,

    I came accross the posting on one of the forums that antivirus software on Windows is consuming physical resources that otherwise can be allocated towards the heap memory.
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but have you tried disabling antivirus software?

    Sabina

  8. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    Sorry my previous post was to taolu, not to Akash

    PS. Very new here

  9. Re: Max heap size for WAS7

    Hi Sabina,

    I have WAS 7.0.0.5 (on AIX 6.1 64 bits) with 7 GBs of memory.

    Thanks
    Akash

+ Reply to Thread