Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's - Websphere

This is a discussion on Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's - Websphere ; *Problem:* If I put multiple messages on JMS then they should be distributed / load balanced between different servers in cluster for Websphere 6.x Network Deployment Manager. *Configuration:* I have Deployment Manager Profile in Websphere 6.x in which an Application ...

  1. Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's

    *Problem:* If I put multiple messages on JMS then they should be distributed / load balanced between different servers in cluster for Websphere 6.x Network Deployment Manager.

    *Configuration:* I have Deployment Manager Profile in Websphere 6.x in which an Application profile is federated having multiple servers, one is standalone server and two servers are part of cluster. JMS Queue, JMS Queue Connection Factory, JMS Activation Specification are created on Cluster level scope. SIB is created and Two Messaging Engine is created on each server in cluster, respective Messaging Engine Policy is also created for each.

    *Explanation:* I am having two EAR's in my application non-clustered.ear and clustered.ear, nonclustered.ear is deployed on standalone server and clustered.ear is deployed on clustered environment which are having two servers as a member.

    I am putting message on JMS Queue configured on Cluster Level of scope from non-clustered.ear and MDB’s on clustered.ear will listen to that JMS Queue. When I put multiple messages on queue, all of them are picked by any one server in the cluster.

    I want that if I put multiple messages on JMS then they should be distributed / load balanced between different servers in cluster.

    Pls revert on siddharthktrivedi@gmail.com

  2. Re: Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's

    How are the two cluster members that consume messages configured to do
    this? Have you defined listeners?
    Are you sure that the listeners are started on both cluster members?
    Another way of doing this might be to put messages onto a clustered
    queue, have that queue on two different MQ hosts and define the queue
    connection factory at server scope for the two cluster members to
    point to their 'home' queue manager. That would balance the load (if
    you use the right options in the queue definition) at the MQ level.
    Should be able to do it without that extra work though, so perhaps if
    you let us know what's in the SystemOut.log file for the JVM that
    doesn't appear to process any of the messages, perhaps we might be
    able to help more.
    Peter Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Nov 6, 8:22*am, SiddharthKTrivedi
    wrote:
    > *Problem:* If I put multiple messages on JMS then they should be distributed / load balanced between different servers in cluster for Websphere 6.x Network Deployment Manager.
    >
    > *Configuration:* I have Deployment Manager Profile in Websphere 6.x in which an Application profile is federated having multiple servers, one is standalone server and two servers are part of cluster. JMS Queue, JMS Queue Connection Factory, JMS Activation Specification are created on Cluster levelscope. SIB is created and Two Messaging Engine is created on each server in cluster, respective Messaging Engine Policy is also created for each.
    >
    > *Explanation:* I am having two EAR's in my application non-clustered.ear and clustered.ear, nonclustered.ear is deployed on standalone server and clustered.ear is deployed on clustered environment which are having two servers as a member.
    >
    > I am putting message on JMS Queue configured on Cluster Level of scope from non-clustered.ear and MDBs on clustered.ear will listen to that JMS Queue. When I put multiple messages on queue, all of them are picked by any one server in the cluster. *
    >
    > I want that if I put multiple messages on JMS then they should be distributed / load balanced between different servers in cluster.
    >
    > Pls revert on siddharthktriv...@gmail.com

  3. Re: Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's

    i think this might work you, seting up the cluster member weight. so that it can be load balanced among the server's.

    if i am worng correct me, my mail id dileepmech007@gmail.com.

  4. Re: Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's

    Hi Dileep,

    Currently weight of all members are equal, if i keep them unequal then it will go for processing on member which has higher weight.

  5. Re: Load Balancing in Websphere 6.x through MDB's

    Hi Siddharth,

    Can you please provide details about core group settings?

+ Reply to Thread