How to enable WebSphere 7.0 to accept only TLS connections frombrowser - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to enable WebSphere 7.0 to accept only TLS connections frombrowser - Websphere ; Quality of protection (QoP) settings 3. Change the "Protocol" drop down menu on this page to "TLSv1" 4. Restarted the server. 5. Tested with IE 7 browser, by enabling only SSL 3.0 on the browser client. TLS 1.0 was kept ...

  1. How to enable WebSphere 7.0 to accept only TLS connections frombrowser

    Quality of protection (QoP) settings

    3. Change the "Protocol" drop down menu on this page to "TLSv1"

    4. Restarted the server.

    5. Tested with IE 7 browser, by enabling only SSL 3.0 on the browser client. TLS 1.0 was kept disabled on purpose.

    6. Then tried accessing the Admin Console url with the HTTPS channel and it let me connect to the admin console successfully!

    I was expecting that since I had enabled the server for only TLSv1 in the NodeDefaultSSLSettings, it would not let a browser client enabled for only SSL 3.0 to connect on HTTPS.

    Please clarify if there are any more settings that need to be done to make server accept only TLS connections. Let me know if my understanding is not correct.

    Thanks,
    Hemanth

  2. Re: How to enable WebSphere 7.0 to accept only TLS connections frombrowser

    This issue is explained in APAR PK87694 on IBM site. The issue got fixed in WAS 7.0.0.5 64-bit version.

+ Reply to Thread