Hi. I've got an EJB application running on Websphere 6.1.
All my EJB's are session stateless beans.
These ejb's are used remotely by a java rich client application.
I have the "Total transaction lifetime timeout" parameter on the transaction service set to 120.
I've observed that if a transaction lasts more than 120 sec. a TransactionTimeoutException is thrown to the client, but the method keeps running on the server until it is finished. On the DB log there are new queries being executed from that method after the Exception is thrown.

It appears that the appserver marks the DB transaction as rollback, but it keeps running.

Is there any way to configure websphere to abort the execution of a EJB remote method invocation when the transaction timeout is reached?

Thanks.