WAS clustering - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS clustering - Websphere ; I am having some basic doubts in clustering.I hope someone can help me to clear those doubts.Some of them are Lets say we want to go for a vertical cluster with 2 WAS instances and a single node in a ...

  1. WAS clustering

    I am having some basic doubts in clustering.I hope someone can help me to clear those doubts.Some of them are
    Lets say we want to go for a vertical cluster with 2 WAS instances and a single node in a call.
    1)When we deploy the application (lets say an EAR) file at node level will the EAR file be moved to both the WAS instances (i.e it will be deployed on both the WAS inatnces.If it is not the case then how come both WAS instances will share the load?
    2)We want to configure MQ listener in cluster environment.If we configure it at node level then does it mean it will be confiured automatically on both WAS instances or we have to configure them independently.If it is configured only at node level then how the messages will be routed to both WAS insatanes.?

    I read some articles on clustering but it doesn't clear such concepts.If anybody is having doc/link pls do share with me.

    Thanks
    Ravi

  2. Re: WAS clustering

    In a clustered environment, map your application at cluster level(instead of node level) for load sharing to happen. Also its recommended to create various resources (datasource, MQ listener etc) at cluster level.

    Write back for any further information.

    Thanks
    Akash

  3. Re: WAS clustering

    Hi Akash,
    If we deploy it at node level then load balancing will not happen? Will the EAR file not pushed or replicated to both WAS instances?

    Or
    only when we deploy our EAR at cluster level will it be pushed to both WAS instances?

    Are you having any doc regarding the same.

    Thanks
    Ravi

+ Reply to Thread