Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application - Websphere

This is a discussion on Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application - Websphere ; I have set up shared libraries in WAS 6 and I am trying to do this in WAS 7. I have my library set up correctly for the node and when I go to Enterprise Apps | My APP...EAR | ...

  1. Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application

    I have set up shared libraries in WAS 6 and I am trying to do this in WAS 7. I have my library set up correctly for the node and when I go to Enterprise Apps | My APP...EAR | Shared Library References, my EAR and WAR show up. If I select each individually, I see my shared library under available and I can move it selected. I click ok and everything seems to work; it even shows up under Shared Libraries on the previous page.

    Now the problem, there is no way to save this so then if I click a different link and come back to the Shared Library refences they don't show up.

    First off, is there a way to save these?
    Second is there a way to add the XML to the files and where would they be located?

    Any help would be great.

  2. Re: Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application

    Hallo Werner,
    did you solve your problem yet? Cause I'm facing the same problem at the moment. Thx in advance.

  3. Re: Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application

    This is not the best solution but since my server is only being used by my application this works. First create your shared library and then in the admin console go to:

    Servers | Server Types | WebSphere Application Servers | Server1

    • Under Server Infrastructure (on right side), select Java and Process Management | Class Loader
    • Click on new
    • Select default (Classes loaded with parent class loader first)
    • Click on Shared Library Reference
    • Click on Add.
    • Select XXXX your shared library.
    • Click ok
    • Click save

  4. Re: Reference Shared Libraries - not being saved for my application

    Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately, this solution does not work for me - the "OK" button to save the shared library reference is still not visible.

    I found out that the problem only occures if I deploy the application using the "hot deployment" method, i.e. deploying the application directly from my development environment (Rational Application Developer) instead of deploying the application using the administration console. If I deploy it via the admin console, the shared library reference can be saved without any problem. Seems to be a strange problem.

+ Reply to Thread