WAS 6.1 CPU Utilization exceeding 150% and server is becoming busy - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 CPU Utilization exceeding 150% and server is becoming busy - Websphere ; Hi, We have configured a new WAS6.1 on HP Unix and have deployed a few J2EE applications on it. Strangely, we are facing a CPU problem as the CPU utilization is exceeding 150% and we can notice that the CPU ...

  1. WAS 6.1 CPU Utilization exceeding 150% and server is becoming busy

    Hi,
    We have configured a new WAS6.1 on HP Unix and have deployed a few J2EE applications on it.
    Strangely, we are facing a CPU problem as the CPU utilization is exceeding 150% and we can notice that the CPU spikes up inconsistently. This does not have any pattern. At first we were thinking that this may be happening because of some memory leak and thoroughly checked our applications. But this did not help us as the applications seem to be proper(without any leaks) as they are running perfectly all right in other WAS.
    Could this be because of some configuration settings which we may have set incorreclty? This is causing a lot of problems as we cannot identify the cause.
    Once the CPU exceeds 150% the server has to be restarted for the applications to work properly again.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 CPU Utilization exceeding 150% and server is becomingbusy

    On Oct 19, 5:17*am, Rohit1984 wrote:
    > Hi,
    > We have configured a new WAS6.1 on HP Unix and have deployed a few J2EE applications on it.
    > Strangely, we are facing a CPU problem as the CPU utilization is exceeding 150% and we can notice that the CPU spikes up inconsistently. This does not have any pattern. At first we were thinking that this may be happening because of some memory leak and thoroughly checked our applications. But this did not help us as the applications seem to be proper(without any leaks) as they are running perfectly all right in other WAS.
    > Could this be because of some configuration settings which we may have set incorreclty? This is causing a lot of problems as we cannot identify the cause.
    > Once the CPU exceeds 150% the server has to be restarted for the applications to work properly again.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Did u set the Heap Size or its running on Default values ??

  3. Re: WAS 6.1 CPU Utilization exceeding 150% and server is becomingbusy

    The problems have to do with the AIO libs.
    We have renamed the two files - libibmaio.so and libibmaiodbg.so as libibmaio.so.disabled and libibmaiodbg.so.dosabled respectively and restarted the servers. The CPU seems to be all right now.

    Applying the latest fix pack will resolve the problem.
    Hope this is helpful fo others.

    Cheers,
    Rohit

+ Reply to Thread