Hello,

During application deployment on WebSphere version 7.0.0.3 we've faced the following issue that looks like a contradiction to JEE 5 specification.
We're trying to deploy EAR file with the following structure:

*TestApp.ear*
|--META-INF
|--application.xml
|--3rdparty
|--ABC.jar
|--META-INF
|--ejb-jar.xml
|--TEST.jar
|--META-INF
|--ejb-jar.xml

application.xml file conatains an ejb module element with TEST.jar in it which means that TEST.jar should be deployed. ABC.jar is not referenced.
When TestApp.ear is deployed from WebSphere administrative console errors occur during code generation for ABC.jar EJB module.

The question is why ABC.jar is getting deployed by the server?

According to JEE 5 specification application.xml dictates the complete list of deployed modules thus any other jar files with ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor should be ignored.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Vitaly